Friday, June 26, 2009

June 25th


Song: “I’m a thousand miles from nowhere” Dwight Yokum

Thought: “You can still be Marlon Brando and the King of Rock and Roll.” Lyrics from “Back To Tupelo” on Shangrila by Mark Knoffler

--------------------
I'm still learning this Blogger photo upload thing. Not intuitive. so this blog reads chronologically from bottom to top as the day goes on ... sorry ... Blogger is not that great.
--------------------

Now i came out of the Hwy 1 Dragon's Tail finally and rode up to this sight; sunset. I had been begging for the coast and the turning to stop for sooooooo long and then this. I stopped got off and snapped these sunset pics.



I'd been waiting for this sign. Here is were 1 splits off from 101. Now after this Hwy 1 takes so many twisty turns through the mountains it should be called the "Dragon's Tail" like the famous dragon's tail in teh Blue Ridge mountains in Tennessee. Bill and I had planned on riding that this summer but life took over our plans, as it can do whenever. I tried to add a pic showing the turns but again, pics are so limited in what the can convey ... it was intense 2 hours of focused turning and leaning and signs that actually read the coming turn must be taken at 10 miles per hour! get that 10! go 10 and see how slow that is. And it was accurate! This was not the funnest part of the trip and i am now very nappy we did not do the Dragon's Tail.



I stopped here again for another cigar. This is in the Redwood forest. I sat in the sun on my Harley. I learned it can a nice lawn chair (see phone self pic). The rock wall and trees at the top were so cool. The pic is pretty good but doesn't do it justice, which is the way it usually is.




I stopped here in this secluded spot (pic above and below) and smoked a cigar and sat in the sun for a while.
As a kid we went there and i remember it vividly. I remember begging Charlie to stop at all these things, the snake pit, the monster this and that etc. Dad hated it and stopped at very few of them. Now i can stop at any i wish and i stop at none. I stopped here just to take this pic.


Some pics ... I am loading all my pictures on one of my Facebook photo albums ...

4 comments:

  1. yeah dad!!! cool stuff...

    I predict a father / son road trip in the works in the future...hint, hint...

    where have you been staying? camping?

    keep suckin the marrow dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Next generation transfer going on here!

    You are welcome to come in early - the guest room is ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just figuring out comments ...

    Yep Peter, any time ... we'll make a memory without having to throw you in the mud!

    ReplyDelete