Monday, July 20, 2009

All,

My boots were worn out so i bought a new pair at Cowboy Boots, a discount boot place in Scottsdale I always wanted to buy boots from when in college but couldn't afford it. I bought Ostrich. My old boots were lizard I bought on a business trip in Mexico.

Then i toured the ASU campus and rode out to the Superstition mountains today, east of Phoenix.


The Superstition Mountains

















These mountains were my favorite place to ride my Honda 250 street/dirt bike in the dessert in college. I love these mountains. Look them up, they are interesting. Dave Butts, Randy Storm, Cecilia Smith and I made a "silent" movie out here in college. That was fun!

When i was up there the storm hit suddenly with dust and rain and i had to get down the hill fast. The rain soaked me immediately but I didn't care it was the lightning i was concerned about.









I am planning to ride to Las Vegas again tomorrow but I'm not sure i can make it in this heat and these storms. I blogged the pic of the dust storm rolling into Phoenix a couple days ago. Here's the kind of warning they put on TV for these things, some pictures and a video of the storm and lightning.




Arizona State University

















2 comments: