Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hello from the glorious road my friends ...
I am sitting in a restaurant that has wireless in Kayenta, Arizona a few miles out of Monument Valley eating Indian Fry Bread. This was always the big treat in Arizona at the county fair. I can't tell you what its like its not like anything. So good.


I was trying to figure out which way to go by weather.com and it said northwest (Monument Valley my plan) was clear and sunny but south Phoenix was isolated thunderstorms. Now looking south was clear blue sky and looking where i planned to go was dark clouds and rain. You can see the whole horizon from the grand Canyon. I stopped at one of those Indian turquoise stands and asked an old Indian lady (not kidding) which way she would go. She kicked her son sleeping beneath the plywood counter and told him to tell me which way was best. He laughed a bit annoyed and pointed towards the clear blue sky. Then the old Indian lady said, "it doesn't matter, go which ever way you want, that rain doesn't cool, its by in 5 minutes and then you're hot again." So i went as planned to Monument Valley which I am about to see and did not get rained on at all. Today its clear and sunny.



I wanted to camp at the Grand Canyon and watch the sun set and moon set over the canyon. But rain and lightning are not appealing to camping so i left. I may go back to day and camp tonight if its clear? or not?

Here are some shots of the road to Monument Valley ...

Yesterday at the Grad Canyon was what you may expect. You can't take enough pictures but you take far too many. There are not words or pictures that work. I will upload them all to facebook later. Here are a few ...







No comments:

Post a Comment